Sunday, June 6, 2010

Orange cake with chocolate ganache

This is one of the most “memorable” order for me. Received an order say more than a month ago from a lovely mother, Wendy. I mistaken the date, baked and decorated the cake one week earlier and only get to know that it was the wrong date at the moment I was about to deliver the cake!!! Thank God I mistaken it one week earlier than the actual date – it is better to be early than late for this case!! So I have to stuff myself with the 9” on that week…hahaha!! Great lesson to learn – rely on the calendar than my memory to confirm the order date!

Anyway, back to the cake. Wendy wanted a 9” orange flavour butter cake covers with chocolate ganached, something not too sweet but rich. She wanted a figurine of her son hugging his favourite Bruin Bear. Wendy also sent me a few of Jayden’s favourite bears.

So here’s the design I came out with

 IMG_4500

The toppers

IMG_4505 IMG_4313

The side design of the cake with birthday boy’s name “JAYDEN” and another favourite bear of his clinging on the alphabets

IMG_4506

Inspired by Maisie Parrish

 IMG_4516 

I am glad that Wendy and her families love the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BookDepository